Welcome to the Foundation For Lee County Public Schools Submission Portal
Since 1986 the mission of the Foundation has been to enhance the quality of public education in Lee County by increasing community involvement in, and support for, School District of Lee County. A diverse group of local business and community leaders realized that the cornerstone of an economically strong community was a quality public education system. The purpose of every initiative of The Foundation for Lee County Public Schools is to enhance and enrich the quality of public education in Lee County for students and educators.
Our Mission And Goals
The Foundation for Lee County Public Schools is a non-profit, 501(c)(3), charitable education foundation which enhances and enriches the quality of public education in Lee County for students and educators. The Foundation’s programs, resources, and experiences are made possible through corporate, individual, and educational partnerships.
An outstanding teacher for special recognition in the 37th Annual Golden Apple Teacher Recognition Program
Recognize an Outstanding Lee County Public School Teacher
Teachers are the heart of our school system as they nurture our children’s inquisitive minds and prepare them for the challenges of their future. We invite you to nominate a teacher who exemplifies excellence in teaching.
The Foundation for Lee County Public Schools will honor six outstanding representatives of the teaching profession in Lee County at the 37th Annual Golden Apple Teacher Recognition Banquet. Selected teachers will receive:
- Golden Apple trophy and custom designed Golden Apple lapel pin, created by Mark Loren Designs
- Membership in the Academy of Teachers
- $3,000 cash award for the teacher
- $500 cash award for the teacher’s school
- Invitation to Collegium for the Advancement of Education
About the Foundation
The Foundation for Lee County Public Schools is a non-profit charitable education foundation whose mission is to enhance and enrich the quality of public education in Lee County for students and educators. This is accomplished through programs, resources, and experiences made possible through corporate, individual, and educational partnerships.
Outstanding full-time teachers employed by The School District of Lee County (Pre-K through 12th, including career and technical). This includes school counselors, media specialists, technology specialists, coaches, and all special area teachers.
- Nomination forms submitted by September 18th, 2023
- Nominated teachers who wish to participate must submit an application to The Foundation
- Selection Committee chooses Golden Apple recipients based on blind application review, interviews and teacher classroom observations
2024 Golden Apple Scholarship Application
Applicants of the Golden Apple Teacher Recognition Program™ may also apply for a scholarship for one 3-4 hour graduate or undergraduate course at Florida Gulf Coast University and up to $100 for related books. This scholarship will be valid July 1st, 2024 through June 30th, 2025. Scholarships will be awarded prior to the Golden Apple Dinner on Friday, April 19th, 2024.
Only teachers who submit a completed Golden Apple Teacher Recognition Program™ application may apply for this scholarship. Applications must be submitted electronically.
- Course must enhance teaching (not for administration)
- Application must be filled out using the online portal
- Applications are given to selection committee “blind” (do not use identifying information on the "Scholarship" Tab)
Applications are due to The Foundation by Monday, January 29th, 2024.
Who May Apply
Any full-time teacher(s), school administrators, or district administrators currently employed by the School District of Lee County, including Pre-K, Vocational, Technical, Media Specialists, School Counselors, and Coaches are eligible. While numerous grants may be awarded to teachers from the same school, only one grant will be awarded per qualifying teacher, school, or district department.
- An incomplete application will be disqualified.
- The school principal and applicant must both sign the Acknowledgement Form for individual and group grants, to verify that grant procedures will be followed. For School and District Department grants, only the administrator’s signature is required.
- Completed applications must be submitted via the online portal no later than October 2nd, 2023 by 9AM.
- Applicants will be notified by late-October whether or not their grant has been awarded.
- Grant funds must be spent during the 2023-2024 school year between mid-November and by the end of your project - no later than May 13, 2024. Any purchase substitutions from the original grant budget must be pre-approved. Please email Lindsey@leeschoolfoundation.org or Justin@leeschoolfoundation.org for any changes. All grant purchases must be made through your school’s bookkeeper.
- Equipment and supplies purchased with grant monies will remain the property of the individual teacher that received the funding, but must stay in the Schools District of Lee County. Equipment and supplies purchased with grant monies awarded to schools and district departments will stay with the awarded school or district department even if the administrator moves to another school or department within the district. All items valued over $1,000.00, and with a life expectancy of over one year, should be tracked.
- Grant funds cannot be allocated for salaries or food. Sales tax is not an allowable expense.
- *Nutritious foods are allowed only when part of an approved in a Health/Fitness/Nutrition Grant.
- Copies of all (descriptive) receipts must be kept by the grantee or team leader of a group grant, and copies of all receipts must be sent to The Foundation office with the Final Expense Report and Bookkeeper’s Ledger.
- Mid-year reports are due at The Foundation office by December 18, 2023.
- Final grant reports including the evaluation, expense report, descriptive receipts and bookkeeper’s ledger are due at The Foundation office May 13, 2024.
Classroom/School/District Grants Program is sponsored in part by a major grant from the Consortium of Florida Education and:
Classroom/School/District Grants Gold Sponsors
STUDENT ADVOCACY & MENTORING PARTNERSHIP (STAMP) STUDENT APPLICATION 2023-2024
STAMP was created to give eligible students the opportunity to achieve success by providing them with resources and mentoring opportunities to help prepare the student for college, technical school, or other post-secondary education. Through mentoring and the help of the Foundation staff, we will assist the student with exploring career opportunities, academic success, and we will provide various resources for college and career preparation. Students will also be able to attend STEM@work events to learn about local businesses.
Resources offered will include, but not be limited to, one on one mentoring, career exploration workshops, financial aid assistance, possible internships, and other valuable resources.
Directions for Application and Program Requirements
- Student must attend a Lee County Florida Public High School
- Parent(s)/Guardian must submit a copy of the first page of 2022 1040 Tax Form
- All sections of the application must be completed.
Date application is due: May 1, 2024.
If you have any questions please contact The Foundation for Lee County Public Schools at email@example.com
Please sign up with RhythmQ Awards (RQ) using your student name and student email. Your account name and application name should match. Please only create one scholarship application in the portal and remember to save as draft and submit as final once you are finished. To access an online application, you will be required to set up a new account using the link following link https://apply.leeschoolfoundation.org/
. If you forget your password, please use the forget password link to reset and do not create a new account. This could cause problems with your application. You will be required to complete a one-time, general application to determine which scholarships you qualify for. If you qualify for other scholarships, you will be prompted with those questions and requirements. Please find below the current scholarship opportunities we have available or click here
to learn more. If you have any questions, please email Lindsey Medley-Debiram at Lindsey@leeschoolfoundation.org
Click on the "Register" link and complete and submit the registration form.
Login to the award with your email and password.
Create your online application.
During the Call for Applications period, your application can be saved as DRAFT until all the required information is completed and attachments uploaded. As each section is complete, you will see a appear in the category tab when the application is saved. At any time, you can download and print your application by clicking on the icon in the Application Summary section.
On completion, save your Application as FINAL. Download and print a copy of your application for your records by clicking on the icon in the Application Summary section in the right column. Note: If an update is required prior to the Call for Applications period, you can make the update and resave as FINAL.
If you require assistance or additional information, please contact the Award Administrator.